What We Offer
The complexity of the brain makes drug discovery and development for diseases of the central nervous system (CNS) a huge challenge. As a result, many drugs never make it to market because they demonstrate an unexpected lack of efficacy or unexpected off-target effects. This comes at considerable cost to the pharmaceutical industry and has contributed to a decline in CNS drug development in recent years.
Yet, the demand for new CNS treatments is increasing and is likely to continue to do so.
The Science Behind helps Sponsors and CROs with some of these challenges in Phase 1 trials by providing the tools and specialist expertise to answer key questions in relation to safety and efficacy when bringing novel drug candidates to human clinical trials.
Key questions such as:
- Whether a compound has crossed the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB)?
- Has it reached and/or engaged its intended target?
- At which dose level is it more and less effective?
- Are there any off-target effects?
- What are the cognitive side effects?